ARC Book Review - Seize (Delirious #2) by Clarissa Wild

4 Jan 2015

1508629_780832415307915_2084461679412397268_n
Title: SEIZE (Delirious Volume 2)
Author: Clarissa Wild
Release Date: December 30, 2014

goodreads    

Blurb

True darkness has only just begun …

She thought she could run, but there´s nowhere to hide. My bad side is coming out to claim what belongs to me. This hunter has found his prey, and he’s hungry for more. She’s mine now, and I’ll do everything in my power to keep her to myself. You think I’m the monster? Think again. When the choices you make decide your fate, the line between good and evil blurs. In order to live, I do what must be done. Freedom is the price she pays for her safety. She wants the truth? I’ll give her the truth.  In order to play this game, sacrifices must be made. I will start with her. 

  This is Volume 2 in the Delirious Series, which contains 3 volumes and a prequel. This book is a full-length novel. These books should be read in order. 

  WARNING: This book contains very disturbing situations, strong language, drugs and alcohol, dubious consent, and graphic violence.      
Purchase SEIZE Today!
3dcover seize
Amazon | iBooks | B&N | Kobo | Google Play
 

2 STARS! ★★

 

  "You are what started this all, and with you, I will finish this forever." 

 Wow this was what I was not expecting at all...in a bad way. Honestly after reading the first instalment, Snare and thinking it could get better from where it left off, I was left disappointed with what took place for a good major portion of this read. I felt like I just had an 'expectation vs reality' moment right here.

   

  Seize picks up exactly right after the mail-biting cliffy in Snare and things start to escalate for Sebastian & Lilith as they try to escape the thwarts of the Genesis group. We got a clearer glimpse now of Sebastian's past and the events leading up to how he ended up getting involved with the Genesis. The same can be said for Lilith and her struggles of being confronted by the reality of the deceptions she'd been a part of all along.
"Sebastian played me right into his hand. He forced me past my boundaries, expecting me to cope with the impossinle, and yet I long to push on."
For 40% of the book, it felt like the book was heading into the direction I expected it to; the secrets unfolding, the unexpected twist and the thrill of escaping from the bad guys. But later the main focus shifted to the emotional battle between our two MCs and a tug-of-war of 'I hate you but I love you' coming from Lilith started to annoy me one too many times. Sebastian also ended up trying too hard to get back Lilith's trust & his constant professing of love made me see him as a weak anti-hero.

   

 And then what really ticked me off was the last portion of the book. Maybe it's just me but it's a pet peeve of mine when a book ends off in this certain manner that seems rushed & tied up nicely. 
Perhaps it's the author's intention to only reveal the details of it in the next book but personally I felt cheated with that kind of an open ending. Sadly, it left me fuming after putting down this read. Looks like I'll still be awaiting the 3rd book to get my closure. 

 Again, I don't really consider this to be a heavy dark read because while there are some seriously messed up stuffs going on, the romance is not. Personally, it kinda missed the mark as a dark read for me. However, please don't let my rating discourage you from reading this as it's very likely to be a case of my personal preference. After all, I'm a picky beech when it comes to the dark ones...

   

  Seize is the second volume of the Delirious series and should be read in order with the previous books in the series. Seize ties up the story of Sebastian & Lilith and Book 3: Scorch will be a standalone that will complete the series. 

  ARC kindly provided by the author in an exchange for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment