Book Review - Collateral (Blood & Roses #6) by Callie Hart

19 Oct 2014


5 COLLATERAL STARS! ★★★★★


PURCHASE ON AMAZON: CLICK HERE

With Lacey missing and everything falling apart, Sloane and Zeth will do everything they can to get her back. If that includes facing off against Charlie Holsan, the DEA, and anyone else who gets in their way, then so be it. Faced with heartbreak, danger, and the increasing need to protect the ones he loves, Zeth Mayfair is finally realizing what it means to have a family. With her fears coming full circle, Sloane must learn that forgiveness is the only way to move forward.

{Read more for my 5 stars review!}


********************
MY REVIEW


"Despite the brutality of his past and his upbringing, there is still a kindness inside of him. He protected me. He fought for me. He found my sister, and he's carried me through so much." 

It's always difficult to write a review when one of your favorite series has reached an end and you're afraid that your words don't do enough justice to it. That's the state I'm in right now and honestly, I'm gonna keep this one short because all that I've to say about this series has already been said from the very beginning :) Just know that I loved every single moment of it. 

I've been dreading to pick this one up knowing that Sloane & Zeth's story will come to an end. Sure enough, all the burning questions we've had since Day 1 are finally going to be answered in this final instalment. But in a true Callie Hart fashion, this woman still manages to throw out some final major twiststhat had me gasping and one particular scene that left me in complete tears. 



I still remember how I first picked Deviant up when I was new to GR and my first fellow GR buddy Amanda recc'ed it to me and how she graciously loaned me this book ♥ I've come a long way since then and so have this series. This also reminds me how grateful I am to have such amazing buddies on GR that share my equal passion of reading :') And with that, I thank all of you from the bottom of my heart ♥♥♥ (sorry for getting all sappy on everyone!!)



The entire series has been such a thrilling ride with so many extreme high and low moments, lovable characters that I've grown so attached to which makes it all truly bittersweet to see it end. Every book has succeeded in keeping me on the edge and this final one truly ended the series with a bang. Also, Zeth & Sloane has completely found their way into my heart and found a cozy spot on my list of favorite book couples. 

Thank you Callie for giving us a perfect ending to a series and for bringing us along for an amazing ride. I cannot wait to read more from you ;)



"If you’re pulled under a wave, don’t fight it. You’ll never win. The ocean’s a hell of a lot stronger than you. It’s wild. All you have to do is hold your breath. Relax. Go with the wave, and eventually you’ll rise to the surface."

No comments:

Post a Comment