Book Review - Her Master's Teacher (The Masters #2) by Lily White

11 Oct 2014


5++ MY BRAIN IS CRYING STARS!! ★★★★★++



PURCHASE ON AMAZON: CLICK HERE

"She believes she knows everything about how the mind works and I believe I can prove her wrong." 
I can't remember the last time I hyperventilated like a crazy woman, let alone acting this way over a book. But ladies, I swearover my dead hamster's body that THIS BOOK IS FUCKING BRILLIANT ON SO MANY LEVELS.



I couldn't stop shaking once I put it down and then I questioned my sanity for a good 5 minutes before I started running to Lily White herself and spazzed all over her (God she was so freakin humble!!). The first thing I asked her was if she secretly had a PhD in psychology which she humbly said no. BUT HOW IS IT POSSIBLE?! Well, lemme tell you Lily:



Okay I'll try my best to sound as coherent as I can possibly be in my review as I have a plane to catch in a few hours time and I just can't leave GR without posting a review on this one! So please bear with me ;)

*******

This time around, Her Master's Teacher centers aroundHolland Strong. At 21 years old, he's one of the youngest Master in-training within their society of wealthy and influential men. The target of his choice is his psychology professor who is the 31-year old Claire Elliot. Having both beauty and brains, Holland sees Claire as one of his greatest challenge yet.

In a game of seduction and domination that pushes all boundaries in terms of psychically, sexually and emotionally; the question is ultimately who is the student and who is the teacher.

******* 

If you've ever read Lily White's writing before, then you should be well prepared that her books are NOT for the faint-hearted. I expected nothing less from this brilliant woman after putting down Her Master's Courtesan and I thought just MAYBEthat this one will leave the same effect on me as it did for HMC.

But how terribly wrong I was. So SO wrong.



This book blew everything I thought I expected out of the freakin water. I feel like it's important to tell you that this one was so VERY different than the first book. 

Yes, the darkness is still there which will make you cringe & squirm.
Yes, the erotica is still off-the-charts hot.
Yes, Aiden is still a fucking crazy bastard. 

But Book 2 brought the psychological element to a WHOLE NEW LEVEL; whatnot with Claire being an expert on the subject itself. The mindfuck we're dealing with throughout isn't the usual "explosive wtf just happened" mindfuck but it's more of a literal "I am thoroughly fucking your mind right now with my words and actions" mindfuck. 

Who am I kidding though right? Put a bunch of psycho-experts under the same roof, of course it's gonna be an ultimate mindfuck. 



******* 

I would love to say more about this book but doing so might spoil the experience for you. And trust me, this is another book that you just have to go in blindly and take it for what it is. I'm not gonna lie that I struggled a little at the beginning because honestly I had NO IDEA what I was getting into. It really brought on a different set of feels than what I felt during Book 1 & that threw me off a little. 

But you know what? That was exactly what made the book worked for me. To expect the unexpected is an understatement here. Lily White will throw you into an intricate web of thoughts which made this read so brilliantly complex that definitely questioned my sanity by the end of it all.

Before I leave, take my word for it. READ THIS BOOK. In fact if you haven't read the first one, READ IT LIKE YOU NEED TO. JUST READ IT PEOPLE. But this goes without saying that PLEASE ENTER WITH CAUTION.



Sidenote: This book should not be read as a standalone and to be read after Book 1 in the Masters Series (Her Master's Courtesan)


No comments:

Post a Comment